Pages

Monday 26 December 2011

Review: Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Obsidian: ( Obsidian Lux #1 )
Published By: Entangled Publishing
By: Jennifer L. Armentrout 

Summary:
Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I’d pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring…. until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something…unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon’s touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I’m getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don’t kill him first, that is. 
                                                                                                                                                                      
                                                                   *********** 
 Review:
Usually I'm not a fan of reading about Aliens but once i heard about how amazingly good this book was i had to read it, and let me tell you this has been the best decision i ever made. After reading the first chapter of Obsidian i couldn't let go of the book it was amazing literally i absolutely loved it! Each and every page of Obsidian was filled with goodness. Jennifer L. Armentrout has weaved such a beautiful story together combining romance, excitement, and humor making this book so thrilling to read. Shes taken Aliens to a whole new level! After reading Half-Blood i fell in love with Jennifer's books instantly she's full of surprises, i cant wait to read all her books!

All of the characters Jennifer created are all so amazing that you would fall for them instantly.

I loved everything about Katy starting with how controlled she is when Daemons near and how she doesn't fall for him so easily. I admit i was pretty impressed on how strong Katy was after all the bad news she had come across, i mean having to move to West Virginia right after she figured out her father had died is pretty tough. Katy would be a perfect row model.

To tell you the truth i loved Daemon in this book. Yea he can be a total jerk sometime but hes actually a really sweet guy if you got to know him better. Its actually pretty funny how he can be the worlds biggest ass at one moment but then the next he could be extremely caring and sweet.

Dee is just so fun she gets along with everybody. Shes always looking on the bright side of things and is always so enthusiastic. What made me laugh was how she tried to get Daemon to get along with Katy i must say those were my favorite parts.

This was my first book i ever read about Aliens and let me tell you it was spectacular! I cant wait to read Onyx! Trust me you would fall for this book instantly!


I rated this book 5 out of 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment